[geeks] [rescue] Video card request

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 13:52:56 CST 2005

On 11/29/05, Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com> wrote:
> Mon, 28 Nov 2005 @ 13:32 -0500, Phil Stracchino said:
>
> > Oh, sure, I think the gloom has its place.  just ...... not ALL THE TIME.
>
> Also, how come the graphics still have not shown what everyone really
> wants to see:
>
>     DESTRUCTABLE ENVIRONMENT
>
> Hello? Game companies? I *need* to blow stuff up. No more of this
> bullets hitting things and making little flashes in GI-Joe style.
>
> The hell with pretty graphics, I want to see things that look *REAL* for
> a change.

Some areas in the last Castle Wolfenstein were destructible, and
the PS2 game Red Faction (and sequels, but not sure about the PC
version) had some destructible areas.  Also, iirc Battlefield 1942
(or was it Call to Duty?) had some destructible elements.

I also think Deus Ex, Theif, Delta Force, and Splinter Cell had some
destructible elements.

I don't play FPS myself, though.

As to the comment by Charles Shannon Hendrix:
> How is Civ4?  I didn't like Civ3, and am hoping Civ4 will restore the
> franchise's former glory.

Keep dreaming.  Sid Meyer doesn't work for them anymore.

=Nadine=