[geeks] [rescue] Video card request

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Mon Nov 28 11:08:05 CST 2005

On Mon, Nov 28, 2005 at 09:13:42AM -0500, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> I never bought Doom 3 in the end because, despite all the wonderful
> graphics it promised, just about everything I read about it everywhere
> indicates that you spend about 80% of the game stumbling around in pitch
> darkness equipped with weapons, a flashlight, and apparently not the
> wits to duct-tape the latter to the former so you can use both at once.

I might pick up Doom 3 now that it's $20.

Games I've bought lately:

FEAR (excellent, if you have a decent video card)
Far Cry ($20, and one of the best games I've played lately)
Serious Sam Gold collection (old, but fun)
Half-Life 2 (I still need to play it all the way through)
BF1942 (haven't installed it yet, and I bought it a year ago)

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
Houston, Texas