[geeks] [rescue] Video card request

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Mon Nov 28 10:37:06 CST 2005

Phil Brutsche wrote:
> And people wonder why I have lost interest in PC games.  I want to
> *play* them, not take on a full-time job keeping track of what I need to
> to to make them work!
>
> All I can say is...
>
> Halo (both of 'em) Just Worked in my Xbox and will Just Work when I get
> my Xbox 360 ;)

Provided your XBox 360 doesn't Just Burn Up.  ;)  Judging by what I'm
hearing, people are returning them in droves because they're overheating
and failing.

Personally, I'll probably never buy a game console, partly because I
don't want to be tied into any single manufacturer's games, partly
because I don't see the need for a piece of dedicated hardware to do
what my PC can do (and probably do better most of the time), and partly
because I hate and detest game-console controllers.

 Phil Stracchino       phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
 Mobile: 603-216-7037         Landline: 603-886-3518