[geeks] Walgreens software, was Quicktime 7 Pro missing stuff?

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sun Nov 27 22:42:08 CST 2005

Phil Stracchino wrote:

> Tried mplayer?  I'm pretty sure most of the .mov files I have play fine
> in mplayer.

Didn't realize it worked on Windows.

The situation in Linux, ironically, is actually better than Windows
these days.  Several fairly good and ad-free video players now.  Of
course, there are odd snags with using them now and then, not the least
of which is GNU-ish zealots disabling features that let them play movies
using non-free code.

Nuts on all that... I... just... want... to... use... my... computer...

I think both sides of the battle have forgotten why a lot of us buy a
computer: to use it to do work.