[geeks] Walgreens software, was Quicktime 7 Pro missing stuff?

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sun Nov 27 02:45:17 CST 2005

On Sat, 26 Nov 2005, Jeff Cole wrote:

>> It would be nice if we could get video players that just played video,
>> and did so reliably.
>
> Ah, you mean something like VideoLan Client? http://www.videolan.org
>
> Made by the same guy who brought you DeCSS :) It'll play everything
> including PAL DVD images without having to install any other codecs. I
> love it, and it runs on any platform you can compile it on.

And for all those reasons, some suit is probably trying to have it shut
down and people sued.  After all, cramming advertising down your throat
and choking up your whole machine is what computing is about these days;
anything less is robbing the starving music/movie execs, forcing them
into lives of poverty that only allow them to maintain one private jet
each.

Who, me, bitter?  *spit*

--
Jonathan Patschke   )  Frustration: The Windows Genuine Advantage.
Elgin, TX          (