[geeks] Solaris x86-64

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed Nov 16 11:36:13 CST 2005

I tried Solaris x86-64 a few months ago, and it refused to install on
my hardware. The installer hangs at some point and never gives any
indication of what is wrong.

Does anyone know if Sun has done any more work on fixing the installer,
increasing hardware support, etc, since this spring and summer?

Personally, I find it nearly impossible to tell what, if anything, Sun
is doing from their website, but I figured one of the geeks here might
be keeping track.

I still think Sun needs to hire someone who knows how to write good OS
installer. Seems to me that using something like NetBSD uses would fix
about 90% of Solaris installation problems on both SPARC and x86.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["I wish life was not so short. Languages
take such a time, and so do all the things one wants to know about." - J.