[geeks] HP announces EOL for AlphaServer systems

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sat Nov 12 22:39:45 CST 2005

On Sat, Nov 12, 2005 at 08:56:50PM -0500, Bryan Fullerton wrote:
> On the other hand at the same time I returned a 3yo IBM SCSI drive
> (not seen by controller) to Hitachi GST and had a replacement drive in
> my hands in 3 business days.

I've had no problems RMAing 3-4 year old IBM SCSI or IDE drive(s) to
Hitachi either.  The 40G drive in my wife's PC was a RMA replacment
for one out of a scrapped box at work that got lightning-fried.

Unfortunately the Maxtor 40G drive out of my DirecTiVo was two weeks
out of warranty when it finally died. 8-(

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
Houston, Texas