[geeks] HP announces EOL for AlphaServer systems

Michael Parson mparson at bl.org
Fri Nov 11 10:10:22 CST 2005

On Fri, Nov 11, 2005 at 10:08:59AM -0500, kevin wrote:
> Don't forget Micropolis.  I had sub par results with their drives.

Yeah, I was trying to remeber that company's name.  Had a lot of
problems with their drives too.  Back when 9gig was a large drive (5.25"
Full height, even), We had a 100G! RAID that had a mixed set of Seagate
and Microp drives in it.  The Microps failed a lot.  We finally kept
sending them back till they gave us all Seagates.  It got much more stable
after that.

--
Michael Parson
mparson at bl.org