[geeks] HP announces EOL for AlphaServer systems

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Thu Nov 10 12:34:06 CST 2005

" From: kevin <kevin at mpcf.com>
"
" As far as standalone HDs go, Hitachi and Fujitsu are pretty much the
" only drives that i buy.  Good experiences all around.

in my experience, -real- computer makers have gut-level appreciation
for reliability, and drives made by them reflect this.

you'd think this would let seagate out of the 'club', but their
higher-end drives - hawk/barracuda/cheetah - trace their ancestry back
to cdc.  you'll still find cdc drive specs on their site.

my experience with seagate has been excellent.