[geeks] Can I netboot...

Phil Brutsche phil at tux.obix.com
Wed Nov 9 20:27:52 CST 2005

Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> Given that IP is a peer-to-peer networking protocol, "server OS" versus
> "client OS" doesn't enter into it.  The big problem is that I don't
> think there exist rarp and rpc.bootparam servers for Windows 95.

If the OP *absolutely* *must* stick with Win95, the only real problem is
RARP, these links lead to freeware TFTP and BOOTP servers for Win9x:

http://www.solarwinds.net/Tools/Free_tools/TFTP_Server/
http://www.enterasys.com/support/techtips/tk0020-9.html

I too recommend an upgrade to WinNT 4.  Then the only piece missing
would be a RARP server:

http://www.panix.com/~perin/

Of course, if the OP can hard code the IP in NVRAM he'll be all set.

--

Phil Brutsche
phil at tux.obix.com