[geeks] HP announces EOL for AlphaServer systems

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Wed Nov 9 08:04:39 CST 2005

Someone generated the quantum flux that came across as... wa2egp at att.net
> From: "Jonathan C. Patschke" <jp at celestrion.net>

>> > Alpha dying, SGI a penny stock, Microsoft still exists... sigh.
>>
>> At least IBM's still around producing Good Stuff.
>
> Maybe in high end stuff.  My son's school required him(us) to
> by one of their laptops (through the school).  $2200 and
> it's a piece of s**t.  My HP zv6131 runs rings around it
> for half the price.  Even my 3GX doesn't suck as much. :)

If your 3GX sucks so much feel free to dispose of it by shipping it to me.
;-)

As for the laptop I have a ThinkPad R51 that with the exception of not
ordering the larger drive for it works quite well with both XP (ugh) and
Ubuntu.  I think it all depends on what model you get.

Mike Hebel
----
Waiting for Wyatt's Torch to go out...