[geeks] Finally! A USB "Model M"

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Fri Nov 4 01:48:21 CST 2005

On Fri, 4 Nov 2005, Bill Bradford wrote:

> I've recently replaced the Tactile Pros on both my iMac G5 at home and
> my Mac Mini at work, with old Apple Extended Keyboard IIs connected
> through a Griffin iMate (ADB to USB adapter).  You can get the
> keyboard + iMate combo for $26.99:

I have trouble with that particular combination dropping keystrokes.
It's great for almost everything, but there are a few series of
keypresses that make it "lock up" for me--it won't see anything more
until I press spacebar or enter.

I don't recall exactly what they were, but I remember running into them
frequently playing ShadowMUD and writing C code; not while writing prose
or technical documentation, though.

--
Jonathan Patschke   )  "someone set us up the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL."
Elgin, TX          (                                           --jimmy