[geeks] Infared camera monitoring

Aaron Finley aaronfinley at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 10:27:52 CST 2005

I live in an apartment and am having trouble with my roommate and my car.
 I do not live in my apartment on the weekends and it appears my roommate is
going through my closet and through my stuff, because things seem to keep
moving around on me.
 Also, my key has been keyed 4-5 times in the last two months but unknown
persons.
 I would like to set up a wireless camera monitoring system using cheap and
surplus components.
 I need a security VCR that can record 40hrs or so on one tape from two
cameras, and I need two wireless infared cameras that I can install, one
which records my room, and the other which records a view of my car. These
need to function in total darkness.
 Any suggestions? There are wireless camera kits on ebay for $9.99, but I
question if their quality will be any better than a cheap PC webcam, which
would bascially help none at all.
 Looking to spend $200 tops.
 -- Aaron