[geeks] low profile null modem adapters

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Wed May 11 14:00:20 CDT 2005

Someone generated the quantum flux that came across as... Charles Shannon
Hendrix> Mike Hebel wrote:
>> On May 10, 2005, at 5:51 PM, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
>>
>>> I'm using a Portmaster PM25 as a console server.
>>>
>>> I used to have some low profile null modem adapters, and they seem to
>>> have disappeared.
>>>
>>> I want to get some more.
>>>
>>> What I'm talking about is a null modem adapter that is no later than
>>> a mail and female connector back-to-back.  Very small.
>>>
>>> I don't like the bulky ones that are 2-3 inches long.
>>>
>>> The planned use is more systems connected to the PM25.
>>>
>>> Alternately, anyone know where to get a PM 25 serial port expander
>>> that is already null modem?  The only planned use for this PM25 is as
>>> a console server.
>>

>> They're out there.  Dig around E-Bay.  A friend also found them at
>> Fry's  when we were there last year.
>
> I asked because I wasn't finding any.
>
> One vendor does have what he claims are null modem, but his description
>  says they are straight through.  He's not responding to queries.
>
> Everyone else I've found has the bulkier variety.
>
> Fry's is 3000 miles from home... :)

I missed the 25-pin part.  But Google is also your friend - or in this
case Froogle:

http://www.gigaparts.com/parts/profile.php?sku=CB0063

Mike Hebel
----
"Without balance and consistent growth the only option is to degrade.
There is no other solution." - Anonymous