[geeks] low profile null modem adapters

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Wed May 11 06:33:21 CDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Hebel" <nimitz at nimitzbrood.com>
To: "The Geeks List" <geeks at sunhelp.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2005 7:08 AM
Subject: Re: [geeks] low profile null modem adapters

> On May 11, 2005, at 5:59 AM, Mike Hebel wrote:
>
>> On May 10, 2005, at 5:51 PM, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
>>
>>> I'm using a Portmaster PM25 as a console server.
>>>
>>> I used to have some low profile null modem adapters, and they seem to
>>> have disappeared.

> Heck - here's some 9pin ones right off the bat:
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
> ViewItem&category=41993&item=6767983765&rd=1
>
> ( http://tinyurl.com/9y72l )

I think 25 Pin are in order for the back of the portmaster - a quick search
on eBay didn't turn up suitable adapters, and stacking multiple low-profile
adapters (worst case: 9 pin null modem to two 25 pin-9 pin adapters), is,
well, sub-optimal I suspect ;^(

I plan on getting some RJ45 adapters as was suggested elsewhere for my
portmaster once I move and "rebuild" my server room... They are quite cheap
(as low as $1.50/each in reasonable qtys, like a dozen or so).