[geeks] Oh for the love of Steve (Jobs, that is)...

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue May 10 10:13:51 CDT 2005

Mike Hebel wrote:

>>I'd love to have a PC like that.
>>
>>Modern small PCs seem more like medieval torture devices.
>
> *ahem*   I'm much more of a Mac fan than a PC fan but I only have three
> words:
>
> Powermac 6500 case.

Keep in mind, I'm not saying that Apple made no bad cases.  I was just
talking about the one I liked.

Yes, I've "worked" with the 6500, and I believe an 8500 was pretty bad too.

> Of course a close second to all this is the Sun U10 case which you have to
> flip over to remove the case skin from...

What I hate is how PC cases put drive bays over the motherboard, so you
have to remove them to get to the motherboard, and how the cabling is
always in the way of nearly all maintenance.

Even if you route your own cables, there is no routing feature in the
cases to make the job easier, and sometimes there simply is no room so
you have to let them dangle.