[geeks] Oh for the love of Steve (Jobs, that is)...

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon May 9 10:04:55 CDT 2005

James Fogg wrote:

> Never cracked an original Mac case, eh? Beginning with the first ever
> Mac they've had some tough ones. The nicer the case (less PC-ish) the
> more trouble it is.

Yes, but then two wrongs don't make a right... :)

I have a pair of Mac IIci machines, and used a lot of Macs from that
era. They were all extremely easy to open and maintain.

The IIci is in my view one of the most perfect cases in its utility and
simplicity, along with a small form factor.  Modern versions could
probably improve airflow and get three hard drives inside.

I'd love to have a PC like that.

Modern small PCs seem more like medieval torture devices.