[geeks] From a local mailing list

Phil Brutsche phil at tux.obix.com
Tue May 3 12:56:03 CDT 2005

Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> On Tue, 3 May 2005, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
>

>>> Please state your lowest asking price, and bear in mind that
>>> today a brand new "Office 2003" (which includes Word 2003 and
>>> other great programs) only costs (with warranty) about $150.
>

> "warranty"!  *cough*
>
> Sure.  I can buy a brand new Office -upgrade- for about $200, but not
>  a full version.

Agree on the warranty.

You *can* get the full version of Office 2003 for approx $ 150 US:

http://www2.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16837116181

No one ever mentioned which edition (Basic, Standard, Small Business,
Professional) the folks in Jerusalem are looking at. If all they need
is Word and Excel the Basic edition is perfect.

No one ever mentioned what kind of organization they are, either. If
they're an educational instituion (or some other kind of non-profit)
they can get volume Office XP/2003 licenses for approx $ 45 US each.

--

Phil Brutsche
phil at tux.obix.com