[geeks] Perl 5.8.7 on Solaris

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Jul 25 09:49:24 CDT 2005

Thu, 21 Jul 2005 @ 12:35 -0400, Nadine said:

> On 7/21/05, Phil Stracchino <phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net> wrote:
> > And actually, I slightly misstated:  It gets as far as creatng miniperl,
> > and then everything after that, done with miniperl, bus-errors.
> >

> I thought the instructions to build perl always indicated that threads
> didn't work properly under Solaris?  It's been a while since I built
> it from scratch, so that may be out of date.

Perl used to have a warning about all threaded builds, because threading
in Perl was essentially broken.

I don't remember if there was a specific warning about Solaris or not.

What I understood was that threading won't really work completely right
until Perl 6 comes out.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["It's a damn poor mind that can only think
of one way to spell a word." -- Andrew Jackson]