[geeks] KVM over IP recommendation?

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Tue Jul 19 01:05:08 CDT 2005

On Mon, Jul 18, 2005 at 11:25:26PM -0400, Patrick Giagnocavo 717-201-3366 wrote:
> Anyone have a favorite 8 or 16 port KVM over IP device?
> This would be for a combination of Windows, Linux, Solaris/x86 boxes, so just PS2 and USB keyboards and mice would be all that would be needed in terms of interface support.

Just get a single-port IP KVM and connect it to the console port of a
8/16-port "normal" KVM.

I'm currently in love with the Simple-Link from Logical Solutions (note:
they're a SunHELP advertiser, and I'm doing a review of this piece of
hardware, but I like it because it rocks).

http://thinklogical.com/products/fiber_optic_extenders/thinklogical_simpleLink.php

Here's some pictures:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrbill/sets/517027/

Bill