[geeks] OSX 10.4.2, FireFox 1.0.5 out

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Fri Jul 15 11:12:27 CDT 2005

On Fri, Jul 15, 2005 at 11:55:44AM -0400, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> On Jul 15, 2005, at 10:31 AM, Joshua Boyd wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Jul 14, 2005 at 11:24:55PM -0400, Patrick Giagnocavo
> > 717-201-3366 wrote:
> >>
> >> Hey, mine boot into the OF real fast...  :-)  Or did they mean
> >> something other than Forth?
> >
> > Well, a Sun might take 10 minutes, but how long does a Symbolics, LMI,
> > or TI take to boot?  45?
> >

> <horse type=dead action=beating>
> Whuh?  Which Sun?  My Sparcbook boots to a login prompt in about 30
> seconds.  The Ultra 60 in far less.
> </horse>

We are talking about the Sun3 through early Sparc days, and machines
that are very likely being netbooted.

That said, 10 minutes may not be acurate, but then again since in the
quote they were being rebooted because of crashes, you need to account
for fsck time on a non logged FS-check.

--
Joshua D. Boyd
jdboyd at jdboyd.net