[geeks] Google invests in BPL

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Mon Jul 11 23:39:16 CDT 2005

On Mon, Jul 11, 2005 at 03:37:16PM -0500, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> Faster voice outlet than packet-switched phone network? Faster video
> than broadcast TV? I don't get it, but I suspect I'm not the target
> market for thier offering...

No, it's just hyped up broadband. The problem with it is that it will
interfere with all radio communicatons from HF to lowband VHF. At first
it will skip certain frequencies but as usage increases they will have
to expand the range of frequencies used and their will be harmonics and
combination effects.

Once you let them in you will be "lobsterd" into loosing eveything.

Geoff.

IL Voice: (077)-424-1667  IL Fax: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838
VoN  Skype: mendelsonfamily. Looking for work as a CTO or consultant in
handheld gaming, large systems development, handheld device construction, etc.
Support amateur (ham) radio, boycott Google!!!