[geeks] Clam AV for win32

Brian Dunbar brian.dunbar at liftport.com
Mon Jul 11 15:29:59 CDT 2005

I've had it up to here (points at neck) with Net Associates AV package*
- I've had Clam AV on my Powerbook for a few months, no worries.

Any reported problems issues horror stories with any of the ports to
Win32?  I've found this link but I'm wary about just downloading stuff
of course ... http://www.sosdg.org/clamav-win32/index.php

Hell I can run a BATCH file and run that sucker.

*One problem is that the enterprise package requires a seperate .exe to
manage the download in our current version.  Seemingly in our network
the silly thing just stops working but doesn't tell anyone.  And you
can't just bop in and do a manual update you've got to reinstall the
update exe which requires a reboot.  Of production hardward.  Grumble.

--
Brian Dunbar
System Administrator

brian.dunbar at liftport.com
aim: bdunbar1967

Remember.
But move forward, too. Light a candle, yes. But also drive a rivet.
~Lileks