[geeks] Ardent Titans Help

Patrick Giagnocavo 717-201-3366 patrick at zill.net
Sat Jul 9 09:08:14 CDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-07-08 at 17:29, Keira Chekel wrote:
> Several years ago I came across a pair of these machines.  One I
> bought from Lockheed AiroSpace at their Skunk Works facility in Los
> Angeles for $100.  I could not refuse the idea of own a Supercomputer.
>  I now have two.  What I am interested in help to converting the
> software into a bootable CDRom format as the current method of loading
> the machines is similar to the old Sun systems.  I have most of the
> software and the Doc, but I have never tried to get the machines to
> run.  One day. any comments

Your first goal should be to copy the drive contents to a backup drive.  IIRC the filesystem is going to be an old variant of the SVR3 FFS or UFS.

If the drives are SCSI, you can hook them up to a more modern machine and use "dd" to image the drives.  This way you won't lose any data.

After that, you can attempt to mount the drives read-only (probably a machine running Linux or a BSD will be most likely to be able to mount the filesystem).  Then you will be able to poke around and possibly figure out how to get them booting.

--Patrick