[geeks] Fujitsu MAN SCSI drives

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Fri Jul 1 17:58:59 CDT 2005

Fri, 01 Jul 2005 @ 17:56 -0400, Phil Stracchino said:

> > I'm afraid to use faster drives because of the heat (and they are wasted
> > on old hardware anyway), and the only "deals" I can find are for drives
> > too large to fit.
>
> I have a possible line on ~20 IBM 18GB Ultrastar drives that a vendor
> has no interest in because they're "only" 7200rpm.

Sounds interesting.  Do you know what year they are?  Are they unused?

I'm hoping to get a drive that is quieter than my ~1998/1999 Ultrastar
drives.

The Fujitsu drives that I have, not MAN series, are fairly quiet.

The Seagate Barracuda SATA drives... they barely make a sound.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Star Wars Moral Number 17: Teddy bears are
dangerous in herds."]