[geeks] (sigh) BestBuy official documentation...

Michael Kaegler Michael.Kaegler at marist.edu
Fri Jul 1 08:36:39 CDT 2005

Once a week, all BestBuy employees report to their store for formal
inspection, cheerleading, and training in the upcoming weeks new
products and pushes.

According to a friend who works at a store over in California, this
past weekend, the booklet for the handheld department (MP3 players,
cellphones, etc) contained a few special notes about viruses.

Apparently, after getting a virus, your mp3 player will start to get
sluggish and eventually stop working altogether. And if you use your
MP3 player in your car, you need to be epically careful, since your
car's computer will probably catch the virus and you could be in for
some extremely expensive repair work.

I'm getting this secondhand, so some of that information may have
been reinterpreted. I'm sure this part of the booklet has been put in
a blog somewhere, but so far no dice finding it...
-mKaegler

--
  Michael "Porkchop" Kaegler, Network Analyst, 845 575 3061
  Marist College,  3399 North Road,  Poughkeepsie, NY 12601

Last week a cop stopped me in my car.  He asked me if I had
a police record. I said, no, but I have the new DEVO album.