[geeks] Can I netboot...

Arno Kletzander Arno_1983 at gmx.de
Fri Jul 1 01:06:47 CDT 2005

I know it's bad form to reply to my own posting, but since
nobody else did...

"Arno Kletzander" <Arno_1983 at gmx.de> wrote:
> "Mike Hebel" <nimitz at nimitzbrood.com> wrote:
> > Just in my travels I ran across this:
> >

> > http://www.tellurian.com.au/products/bootpdNT.php
> >

> > I've never used it myself because I've always had a
> > non-Windows to netboot from. But for $1 AU it's hard
> > to pass up on trying it.
>
> Whew, that looks quite promising!
> (...)

Oopss, I misread that. It's bootp, which doesn't work for
me. If it would, I'd be fine, since tftpd32 already covers
bootp.

> I have contacted Lewis Perin (the guy who wrote billgPC
> and the WinNT/2000 rarpd) and he said he'd assist
> somebody willing to port the rarpd to Win9x (...)
> ...how much skill it involves...

At least too much for a C programming starter who also has
not done Windows driver development yet. One also needs
Visual C++ and the Win9x DDK.

Still looking for somebody helping me out here...

Yours sincerely,

--
Arno Kletzander
Stud. Hilfskraft Informatik Sammlung Erlangen