[geeks] LCD Display Interference

James Jacocks jjacocks at mac.com
Fri Jan 28 00:43:57 CST 2005

Does anyone have issues with interference on DVI connections to LCDs
with some machines/video cards and not others?

I had assumed that DVI cable quality dictated interference/picture
quality.

I have an HP 2025 20" TFT panel, which I normally run at 1600x1200, via
DVI.

When it is connected to my PC (nVidia geForce 6600GT), I get no
interference at this resolution.  However, when I connect it to my Mac
mini, I get interference.  To make the interference go away, I have to
run at 1280x1024.

Any ideas?  Do I have a bad cable?  A bad video board in the mini?

Thanks!