[geeks] Re: [rescue] FS: Soekris NET4801

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Thu Jan 27 17:52:44 CST 2005

On Wed, Jan 26, 2005 at 01:35:37PM -0500, Atom wrote:
> Hey everybody
>
> I do have one of these for sale:
> http://www.soekris.com/net4801.htm

I might actually be interested in one of these, were my budget in better
shape right now.  Long-term, it'd be nice to have something non-x86 and
*BSD-capable for my currently-under-construction firewall that draws
less power, and makes less noise, than the U5 I'm currently building it
on.

(I think it's mostly hard disk noise, actually.  It's a 9G ATA Barracuda
right now, and it has the most annoying whine I've heard from a single
disk in a long time.)

--
  ========== Fight Back!  It may not be just YOUR life at risk. ==========
  alaric at caerllewys.net : phil-stracchino at earthlink.net : phil at novylen.net