[geeks] Man -> paper

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Sat Jan 22 18:50:07 CST 2005

" From: Joshua Boyd <jdboyd at jdboyd.net>
"
" How would one go about getting a man page printed out?
"
" I see a reference to using the -t flag for man, but that just puts out a
" text file with graphics charaters in them, not poscript.
"
" It seems that Irix ships formatted rather than unformatted man pages,
" which would prevent my from using troff/nroff/groff directly.

on solaris
MANPAGER="lp -d <printer>" man -t <manpg>
does a slick job.  been a while since i tried it though.

your lp might need a -Tps or the like, to warn it of the troff output.