[geeks] televisions...

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Jan 6 12:22:14 CST 2005

Wed, 05 Jan 2005 @ 00:40 -0500, Thomas Gallaway said:

> I personally use a 19" rack mount sony tv monitor as my TV. Have it
> hooked up to a DVD/VCR for the tuner part. The audio I have hooked up to
> external speakers with subwoofer.

Yeah, I like those.

I plan on using a DVD or VCR as a tuner so I can route all sound through
the stereo anyway, though sometimes like when watching news, I actually
prefer sound through the TV speakers.  A video monitor would work out
fine.

However, I'm trying to get this over with quickly, and I much prefer to
see video equipment in person.

I'm also a bit leery of ordering video on ebay.  I'm picky about video
quality, and I find a lot of people's definition of "good" is equal to
my rating of "barely usable".

Still, I'm thinking about it.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- [Well, I have entered the "metallic years."
Silver in my hair, gold in my teeth, lead in my ass... -- Sheldon Hall in