[geeks] Re: [rescue] A few small Apple items to go this time

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Tue Jan 4 12:37:57 CST 2005

On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 10:52:20AM -0600, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Jan 2005, Bill Bradford wrote:
> >http://www.mrbill.net/exstay/ - my home for the next 3 weeks.
> For $35/night, that's pretty swank; that kitchenette is even big enough
> to be useful.

Yeah, its $35/night if you pay by the week; nightly its something like $55.
Free local phone calls, and my SBC DSL PPPoE login works on the SBC dialup
pool, so I dont have to pay for a dialup account either. :)

> Nice iBook, too. :)

Yep.  G4 800Mhz, 640M, CD-ROM.  12.1".  It works.  I'm wishing I'd gotten
a model with DVD, but I can always hook up an external USB/FireWire DVDROM.

> >Oh, and being stuck on dialup there sucks.
> Blargh.

Its better than nothing at all.  I'm reading a lot of books.

Bill

--
bill bradford
austin texas