[geeks] FS: Sun, SGI, PC stuff; rack.

Micah R Ledbetter vlack-lists at vlack.com
Sun Aug 14 03:49:15 CDT 2005

Wow, I've got quite a bunch of stuff here - I didn't realize I had
this much! I'll take pictures of anything, and I'll try to get any
other information you require. Contact me offlist.

First a summary, and then details.
* Sun Ultra AXmp
* Sun Ultra 2
* Sun D1000
* Sun 711
* Sun Ultra AXe board (x2), proc and RAM (x1)
* SGI Iris Indigo (x2)
* SGI Iris Indigo keyboard and mouse (x2)
* SGI 320 PSU
* Rackmount rails
* Rack, 24U
* PC, 1U rackmount, no processor/drives
* HP Kayak motherboard (ATX dual P3)
* SuperMicro Super P6DLS (ATX dual P2) (broken?)
* Trenton TR-T2VPCI (PCISA Single Board Computer)
* PCISA Backplane, model number PCI-19S
* Compaq IA-2
* Grab-bag-o-RAM

Sun Ultra AXmp, rebadged as an Integrix RS450.
* The AXmp was a board that Sun sold to OEMs.
* Data sheet here: www.sun.com/oem/products/manuals/axmp_datasheet.pdf
* OEM tech manual here: www.sun.com/oem/products/manuals/805-5865-07.pdf
* I can't seem to find the more detailed info from Sun's site...
     (does Sun no longer host all the docs it used to host?)
* 4x400MHz UltraSparc II processors
* 16 RAM slots, half filled, w/ 1GB of RAM. Can take 2GB max, perhaps
4GB.
* 2 half-height SCA disk slots, hot swappable, one w/ a 4GB disk. No OS.
* 6 usable PCI slots.
     * One with a 100mbit ethernet (hme?)
     * The other with an ATi Mach 64 Rage II PCI card.
* 5U rackmount case with holes for rails.
* shipped, is 90lbs, 30x30x18"
* I'd like $800 plus shipping on this guy, but please make me an offer.
* Bonus: comes with an extra 1GB of RAM that may or may not work.

Sun Ultra 2:
* third-party rackmount (3U) all-metal case. Ventilated on the sides.
     * It's difficult to swap disks in and out in this case.
     * No space for internal CDROM. However HDDs may be half- or full-
height.
* 2x167MHz procs
* 256MB of RAM in 4 slots.
* single 9GB disk. Maybe 2 of them if you're nice.
* Creator framebuffer of some kind - Creator3d?.
* shipping is heavier than most U2s; the case is a rather thick metal..
* $45 plus shipping.
* I'll add a keyboard and mouse for another $10.

Sun D1000:
* the 12-disk 1/3-height flavor.
* The whole door comes off when you open it. It stays on just fine
normally.
* has the rackmount ears. These things seem to be hard to find.
* I'd like to get at least $100 plus shipping, but feel free to make
offers.

Sun 711:
* the twelve-slot variety.
* untested, but believed working.
* $25 plus shipping.

Sun Ultra AXe:
* an ATX system board that Sun sold to OEMs. Kidna PC-ish.
* no on-board SCSI, but IDE, video, serial, 3 PCI slots, takes PS/2
kb/mouse.
* I have two boards, one 300MHz processor, and 256MB of RAM
* $10 for only the board, untested.
* $20 for a board, processor, and RAM, tested together.
* I've also got an LSI dual SCSI card that works in these. Tested. $15.
* prices above do not include shipping.

SGI Iris Indigo:
* got two of them. No clue what's in them.
* Tried several times to make them boot, and at least one boots to
firmware.
* both believed working; self believed incompetent. However, no
guarantees.
* each has one disk and some kind of video out the back (not the same).
* Best offer.

SGI Iris Indigo keyboard and mouse:
* also have two of each.
* $15/keyboard and $25/mouse.

Power supply for the SGI 320:
* the 320 was a dual P3 machine that SGI sold that ran Windows or Linux
* It took a special PSU. This is it.
* I think I paid $15 for it and I've never tested it. Best offer.

Rackmount rails:
* two pair.
* $15/pair or $25 for both pair, plus shipping.

Rack:
* Half-height rack, 24U
* Formerly DEC I believe
* Heavy. You probably don't want to ship this, but I will if you like.
* I will deliver this if you are close for just a tank of gas.
* Highest offer takes it. Even if it's close to nothing.

PC:
* Rackmount (1U). Has rack ears.
* 2 hotswap slots for 1/3-height hard drives, but I only have one
tray. :(
* SCSI backplane. The drives can be IDE, but they won't hotswap
obviously.
* Dual P3 motherboard w/ SCSI (socket 970). No processors.
* 512MB or 1GB of RAM in 4 low-profile DIMMs.
* one PCI-X slot w/ riser.
* no PSU.
* $40 plus shipping.

HP Kayak XU800 board
* ATX dual P3 (slot 1) motherboard, w/ SCSI, 64-bit PCI, AGP, sound.
* includes the *RDRAM* memory board, supporting up to 2GB (I think)
* I believe this works in a normal ATX case.
* $20? plus shipping.

SuperMicro Super P6DLS
* ATX dual P2 (slot 1) motherboard
* SCSI, PCI, ISA, AGP, 4xDIMM, IDE, sound, USB
* this may not work. I don't remember, actually.
* $5 plus shipping, or free plus shipping if you buy anything else.

Trenton TR-T2VPCI (PCISA Single Board Computer)
* PCISA Bus
* 200MHz?, 64MB? SIMMs, IDE, SCSI, floppy, video, serial, keyboard.
* tested working
* I have some (digital) documentation on this, jumper settings and such.
* $12 plus shipping, or $20 w/ backplane (below)

PCISA Backplane, model number PCI-19S
* 2x PCISA slots
* AT and ATX connectors
* 4x PCI slots; 13x ISA slots.
* very large board. Seems to have ATX mounting holes?
* tested working
* $12 plus shipping, or $20 w/ SBC (above)

Compaq IA-2
* Internet appliance, 15" CRT tube w/ a 233 (?) MHz x86 proc inside.
* It's rather like a PC-version of the 1st gen iMacs.
* Can put small disk or cf card in there, run a whole OS.
* untested but believed working.
* $50, plus shipping.

RAM:
* grab-bag of RAM. small stuff, 64MB-128MB variety.
* Completely untested, though I've identified a lot of it.
* Lots of EDO/ECC PC RAM.
* 25-35 sticks.
* $40 shipped.

I'm located in Leander, TX, near Austin. Shipping will be from zip
code 78641. If you're around here, I'll even drive and meet you
somewhere.

Haggle with me. Most of these items I just want to leave my premises
at this point. Anything I don't sell will go to Goodwill or eBay.

  - Micah R Ledbetter