[geeks] While on the subject of weirdness

wa2egp at att.net wa2egp at att.net
Tue Aug 9 00:28:34 CDT 2005

> No, the truck did not contact it.  Supposedly some other guy with a newer
> all-electronic car had trouble starting his engine...
>
> --Patrick

That was like my theory on the problem with the old Audi 5000 which had
many reports of sudden acceleration.  It was blamed on faulty placement
of the brake and accelerator pedals (too close together so people would
step on the wrong one) but I remember an article in QST around the
same time where a ham had to sheild the whole computer system because
everytime he transmitted, the car would suddenly accelerate.  Imagine
some being more sensitive that others and a passing plane or CBer
could give the computer a false command.  The pedal placement and
driver mistake was blamed.  Sure...

Bob