[geeks] Socket A mobo with > 3 DIMM slots?

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Tue Apr 12 09:58:16 CDT 2005

Nathan Raymond wrote:
> While those last three motheroards are interesting, I've been eyeing the
> Tyan K8WE (dual Opteron, dual nForce 4 chipset, dual PCI-E x16, three
> PCI-X slots,

Um ... did you mean PCI-X there, or PCI-E?  I have not yet seen PCI-E
and PCI-X in the same machine at the same time (which the exception of
some Prosignias which permit either a PCI-E or PCI-X expansion cages to
be installed, and therefore have support on the motherboard for both).

--
 Phil Stracchino
 phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
 Mobile: 408-592-8081