[geeks] Mysql backup questions...

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Tue Apr 12 08:54:09 CDT 2005

On Tue, April 12, 2005 9:25, Brian Dunbar said:

> I see up-thread that some people halt their database, run the backup
> and start the database.  Is halting a MySQL database required?  I've
> restored several times using the above method, no failures noted yet.

If you're going to halt the database, you might as well just grab the raw
files/dir.  That's my preferred method for copying mysql databases between
systems - or other databases for that matter (like Oracle)....

--
Kurt Huhn        "If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball!"
kurt at k-huhn.com         -- Patches O'Houlihan