[geeks] ht access question

Caleb Shay calebshay at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 09:48:00 CDT 2005

On Apr 4, 2005 10:40 AM, Brian Dunbar <brian.dunbar at plexus.com> wrote:
<snip>
> .htpasswd seems ideal,* save that I don't want to get into the business
> of managing _their_ passwords.  I'd thought of writing a simple script
> to allow _them_ to change passwords but before I dig into the thing ..
> surely someone else has done this and posted the results?  I'm loathe
> to duplicate work.
>
> * If someone has a better idea I'd love to hear it.

Depends on what else is going on on your network.  The following items
have been useful to me:

mod_auth_mysql:  If you've got a mysql server already running with
this info in it, this is obviously easiest
mod_auth_pam: allow them to authenticate with the same user/password
they use for the system
mod_auth_passwd: same as above for non-pam systems
mod_auth_samba: Allows them to authenticate with their Windows Domain login

Caleb