[geeks] my head just went explodey

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Sun Apr 3 08:46:44 CDT 2005

On Apr 3, 2005, at 12:30 AM, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:

> I've been refused (2-3 years ago) a job because I didn't know Solaris
> 6.
> "Your last Solaris release was 2.6, which is way behind Solaris 6".
>
> That's verbatim, and it came from the head admin.

I am *sooo* trying not to break something right now.

> Nope, they look for a set of buzzwords, and require exact matches.

Yup.  Exactly the problem I was faced with for 6 months.  Things are
very broken out there.  Towards the end I developed a very surly
attitude the recruiters - and apparently they like that since it got me
waaay further than trying to talk myself up.

--
Kurt Huhn         "A rebel I came, and I'll die just the same
kurt at k-huhn.com    On the cold winds of night you will find me"