[geeks] my head just went explodey

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Fri Apr 1 20:04:09 CST 2005

On Apr 1, 2005, at 5:25 PM, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:

> Now some of the suits actually send videos instead of typing a message.
>
> It can be worse of course: in another shop someone told me about
> last year, they have made desktop vidcams the standard for internal
> communication.  Now a lot of people use it instead of the phone, and
> get
> upset if you don't.

Fuck that.

> It shouldn't take much imagination to see where this is leading:
>
>     - video meetings
>     - elmination of telephones, and *ALL* communication made via
>       video conference software
>     - closed desktops configured to enforce mandatory use
>
> Those of you who wish you didn't have to answer phone calls... be
> careful what you wish for.

Double fuck that.

I barely answer my phone, I sure as shit am *not* going to be getting
on webcam so that some suit can ask me to come troubleshoot his network
connection (you know, the one he forgot to plug in when he sat his new
vanity desktop on his desk).

--
Kurt Huhn         "A rebel I came, and I'll die just the same
kurt at k-huhn.com    On the cold winds of night you will find me"