[geeks] my head just went explodey

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Fri Apr 1 20:00:57 CST 2005

On Apr 1, 2005, at 4:08 PM, Phil Brutsche wrote:

> Kurt Huhn wrote:
>> For some reason, the larger portion of Corporate America seems
>> completely
>> incapable of reading email unless it's top-posted, color coded, and
>> rendered in Comic Sans.  Funny little characters indeed....
>>
>> Then you have things like Outlook Web Acces and Notes that make it
>> *impossible* to send a plain text message.  IMPOSSIBLE!  In OWA,
>> there is
>> no setting to make a message "plain text".  It doesn't exist.
>
> No, it's there. At least, I think it's there, it's been a while since I
> used OWA...

Trust me.  It most certainly is not there.  I'm forced to use OWA on a
daily basis.  I *used* to exist, in a previous version I used about 5
years ago, but it is no longer an option.

> But regardless, the management tools Microsoft provides (GPOs in
> ActiveDirectory, knobs to twist in the Exchange admin console, etc)
> provide the sysadmins - some of whom don't have much choice in the
> matter if they want to keep their jobs, while others don't quite
> understand the issue, while yet others just don't give a damn - with
> the
> power to force outbound mail to be in rich text *or* in plain text. The
> management tools also have the power to *remove the checkbox from the
> end-user configuration screen*.
>
> Chances are that's what happened.

Then I go beat some win-weenies to within an inch or so of their lives.
  And then kick them several inches further.

--
Kurt Huhn         "A rebel I came, and I'll die just the same
kurt at k-huhn.com    On the cold winds of night you will find me"