[geeks] Multi-user web gallery software?

Gregory Leblanc gleblanc at linuxweasel.com
Wed Sep 29 10:11:38 CDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-09-29 at 09:15 -0400, Caleb Shay wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 18:22:52 -0500, Matthew Braun <geeks at leydenjar.com> wrote:
> > A question:
> >         a friend's mother is putting her artwork online and she wants to have
> > a page where she and other members of her collective can upload works,
> > add descriptive text, and receive comments from the general public.
> > While I'm aware of many photo-gallery packages, I'm not aware of any
> > that support multiple users. Does anyone know of any that I/she can use
> > to make this happen?
>
> I use Zope (www.zope.org) + Plone (www.plone.org) to achieve the same
> thing using cmfphotoalbum.  It also has the nice feature of allowing
> the person to upload the photo at any resolution and it will scale it
> on the server so you don't have to teach people about proper image
> resolutions/sizes, which they never seem to understand anyway.  The
> viewer can also choose at which size they want to view the images.

That sounds (and looks) pretty slick.  What are the system requirements
for decent performance?  My web machine is an Ultra1E-170, with
somewhere less than half a gig of ram.  My past experiences with Zope
haven't been good, but perhaps that was squishdot being evil.
	Greg

--
Gregory Leblanc <gleblanc at linuxweasel.com>