[geeks] CP1500 Marathon box...

Scott Howard scott at doc.net.au
Tue Sep 28 20:36:03 CDT 2004

On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 03:52:59PM -0700, Matthew Poertner wrote:
> What I'd like to know is if this CP1500 board will fit in another box,
> what kind of box, and will it cost me a fortune?  The box has one
> additional cPCI slot on it but the backplane doesn't seem to match the
> cards I see on ebay.

The CP1500 is generally used as an controller system - it's not really
designed to be used directly as a system (although there's no reason
it can't be, it's really just a Netra on a card)

As far as what boxes you can put it in, I'm aware of only two :
* F12/15K as a system controller. However buying an F15K just to use
it as an enclosure for a CP1500 is probably a little excessive :)
* There's an exclosure which is designed to be used as a development
chassis for the CPxxxx boards. I've got no idea how generally available
they are, but I'd except they would appear on ebay every now and again.
And no, you can't have mine :)

  Scott