[geeks] 2 solaris 10 questions

Mike Meredith mike at blackhairy.demon.co.uk
Sat Sep 25 13:43:01 CDT 2004

On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 18:30:55 +0000, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> > From: Francois Dion <francois.dion at gmail.com>
> > BTW, Scott, do you know when of if 1400x1050 will be supported in
> > Solaris?
>
> Prey tell, why? What has that resolution? A quick Google quickly
> turned up x86 laptops with that resolution...

At least the XVR-100 supports that resolution :-

$ sudo fbconfig -dev /dev/fb0 -res \? | grep 1400
Valid values for -res option are:
        SUNW_DIG_1400x1050x60

I guess that resolution is supported on some things and not others.

> Just curious...

I'm more curious about why Solaris Express hasn't been upgraded this
month, or am I missing something ?