[geeks] Special skills draft?

Brian Dunbar brian.dunbar at plexus.com
Thu Sep 23 10:44:23 CDT 2004

On Sep 23, 2004, at 9:48 AM, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:

> On Thu, 23 Sep 2004, Brian Dunbar wrote:
>
>> It's been a while since I looked at my own contract but I recall
>> having
>> the impression that once you had finished the standard eight years (be
>> that four years active, four years IRR or whatever) they couldn't
>> reach
>> out and draft you?
>
> You are correct.  They may -request-, but they may not demand.
>
> Thank you for serving for us.

You're welcome!  Thank you for paying taxes and allowing me to learn
how to drink, shoot, and cuss like a Marine.  I might have got drinking
and cussing in college, but why not learn from experts?  The "how to
blow stuff up" course I might have paid for myself, but the extra
tutorial in "how to screw around while on guard duty and not get
caught" has been invaluable.

~brian