[geeks] Special skills draft?

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Wed Sep 22 18:42:07 CDT 2004

Joshua Boyd wrote:

>On Wed, Sep 22, 2004 at 03:43:25PM +0200, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
>
>>2. Leave the country never to come back for more than a month.
>>

>Obviously a lot of people in the US did that during Vietnam.  I think it
>is kinda lame.

Why should you go to fight, and potentially die for a cause you don't
believe in?  If your love and commitment to your country is less
important to you than your desire to avoid fighting a war, then the
obvious course of action is to leave.  It's not lame if you are
following your own beliefs.

    -Dan Sikorski