[geeks] Vacuum tube testing

Matthew Braun geeks at leydenjar.com
Tue Sep 21 12:52:19 CDT 2004

A few years back, when my grandfather died, we looted his house for
stuff and among the items I walked away with was a collection of old
vacuum tubes. A good number of them are still in their original boxes
but some of them are obviously nonfunctional, and I was looking into
testing them before I put the tubes up for sale. I've spoken to radio
shops about using or renting tube testers, but they say I should just
buy one. While I can get one on Ebay for around $50, it seems silly
given that I'll only need it for a short while.

I was wondering if anyone has experience testing tubes or has a tester
that they'd be willing to rent out. No sense letting these tubes just
fester in my basement when others out there could be putting them to
good use.

--
Today, today, each day I have waited for you.
And now do they not say you are strewn with the shells of Ishi river?