[geeks] Clariion array

Dave Fischer dave at cca.org
Sun Sep 12 18:12:59 CDT 2004

jp at celestrion.net writes:

>On Sun, 12 Sep 2004, Dave Fischer wrote:

>>> Did you check to be sure it is "regular" scsi and not differential
>>> scsi?  IIRC the Clariion's use diff. scsi.
>>
>> Ah - that's it. I just checked the scsi cards in the SGIs the
>> Clariion came with, and they're marked "DIF".

>Wow.  You lucked out on that one.  I've seen quite a few cases where the
>differential-detection logic didn't DTRT, and all manner of magic smoke
>was let loose.

Maybe that's why there are two host interfaces? :-)

Maybe it is toast. Can't say for sure untill I find a diff controller.
Unless I get the SGIs running soon... I got a lot of gear on Friday,
and the SGIs are last on the list to play with. And IRIX has the worst
installation procedure of any piece of software ever written by man.

------ David Fischer ------- dave at cca.org ------- http://www.cca.org ------
------ When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a snail. ------