[geeks] Clariion array

Dave Fischer dave at cca.org
Sun Sep 12 12:37:16 CDT 2004

I just scored an old Clariion storage array, rebadged by SGI.
It takes 20 scsi drives, does RAID5 in hardware, and has two
fast/wide scsi interfaces to the host.

I connected a terminal to the console port, reorganized the
11 drives that were in there, rebuilt a RAID5 array, left a
few other drives as single, attached them all to one of the
two host interfaces, and... nothing.

No errors, but the host doesn't see anything on the
scsi chain. The Clariion says the devices are enabled.

I moved the drives to the other interface, through the
Clariion's admin interface, tried another cable, tried
another scsi controller, tried three different host
systems, nothing.

I know it'll be a little weird once I can see it, because
the array shows up as one scsi device, with multiple LUN's,
but even so, it should show up as *something* from a
probe-scsi-all, right?

------ David Fischer ------- dave at cca.org ------- http://www.cca.org ------
------ When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a snail. ------