[geeks] Carly Fiorina to enter politics? This nation is doomed...

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Thu Sep 9 13:32:23 CDT 2004

> From: Mike Meredith <mike at blackhairy.demon.co.uk>
> Date: 2004/09/09 Thu PM 05:25:09 GMT
> To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
> Subject: Re: [geeks] Carly Fiorina to enter politics?  This nation	is doomed...
>
> On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 13:18:34 +0000, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> > Heh, and if they would support Apple hardware as well, that would be
>
> I think the intention was specifically to run it on the IBM POWER
> machines.

Yeah, but as a constrained hardware family (limited variations/permutations, unlike x86 PC hardware), it should be a reasonable stretch - heck, they have "UNIXy" drivers for all the hardware already, so porting should be minimal...

> > fun (dual-boot an Powerbook with OS X and Solaris X
>
> Why dual-boot ? Just run Solaris10 natively, use the Linux compatibility
> stuff to run MOL, and run OS X under MOL.

Aw, come on - use my new name of Solaris X ;^)

Seriously, stacking OS would not be the goal, even with GHz G5s in the mix... Now, if I could partition the platform to run OS X and Solaris X in their own partitions that would be nice...