[geeks] Carly Fiorina to enter politics? This nation is doomed...

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Wed Sep 8 09:51:54 CDT 2004

" From: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com>
"
" Mon, 06 Sep 2004 @ 22:17 -0700, Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez said:
"
" > I guess she likes to think big: first lucent, then HP, then California,
" > and then... the world. Buhahahahaha buhahahaha... there is no organization
" > no matter how big that Ms. Fiorina can not screw up. I would have
" > expected such behavior from a mad scientist not from a history major such
" > as Ms. Fiorina.
"
" Evidently she didn't learn much from it.

apparently she's taking george santayana to heart:
1. those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it
2. what we learn from history is that we fail to learn from history

i worked for lucent, back when it was still at&t.  it used to be a
great place.  now the plant where i and 12000 others worked is closed,
empty, and the whole 170ac site sold for $15M.